Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) is a mid-cap consumer staples outfit that owns the Rubbermaid, Oster, Sunbeam and Yankee Candle brands.
We’re putting her under the microscope today because in just the last four sessions, she’s plummeted by 20%.
That’s right, Murray… on the year, the stock has lost 40% of its value, devoured by everything from inflationary pressures to manufacturing delays.
But her numbers really aren’t so bad.
- The stock trades with a trailing 12 month P/E of just 7.52,
- Offers a ginormous 7.15% annual Dividend, and…
- Has a P/B of Just 1.35. In other words, she’s a near-ideal ‘value’ stock.
- On the earnings front, the company’s profits were up 173.60% this year (albeit from a less robust year prior), and…
- Have grown by 75.60% (!) per annum over the last five years.
- Analysts only expect a 1.86% rise in earnings over the next twelve months, but the company has been very conservative regarding guidance, and we feel they’re just angling for a healthy set of ‘beats’ going forward. Indeed, they topped Wall Street estimates every quarter this last year using a similar strategy.
All told, this one got beaten up badly, but there’s little reason, we say, to saw her up further and throw her dust to the wind.
On the contrary.
We believe it’s time to take a tactical
Many happy returns!